A couple of days ago I made a list of Happy New Years in 15 different languages. I have now made a list of 13 different ways to say happy new year in English. So, consider this a part 2 to the first list and my last hoorah for 2014.
- Happy New Year! (tried and true)
- Great New Year! (totally belittles the norm)
- Have a prosperous new year!
- I hope your New Year is not bad! (they won’t know what to think about this)
- I hope 2015 is your best year yet!
- Have a happy, healthy, successful new year! (if you’re feeling extra generous)
- I hope you get all you deserve this new year! (for the person you don’t really like)
- I hope you really like your new year!
- May next year be better than your last! (Like… last year or my last year? Really think about that.)
- Congratulations on making it to 2015! (wait, what?)
- Live long and prosper this new year. (for the trekkie)
- May the force be with you this new year. (for the star wars fan)
- May 2015 be newer than 2014! (because nothing is worse than an old new year)
There are only 13 because I couldn’t think of 15. If you guys can think of anymore, put them in the comment section below. Remember, guys: “Don’t take life so seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.” Your New Year will be great because I said so. Sage Out.